Thursday, July 2, 2009

registered with K and M

Yesterday I got a call from K & M Promotions. I had applied online May 25th but didn't hear anything from them until yesterday (7/1). Since I'm free (as in beer?), I went ahead and made an appointment to see them and register the very next day.

I had choice of morning at 10:30 or afternoon at 13:30. Because my sleep schedule is way off again, I took the afternoon time slot. I probably slept less than 5 hours.

I took my suit to the dry cleaners and picked it up by 11:30 in the morning and went directly to the station. The trains were late and so I got to my destination late. Plus my clothing bag is so heavy, so I took a taxi from the station. The driver couldn't make change for 10,000 yen so I had to put the fare on the credit card.

I made it to the office on time. When I registered, I received a good explanation of the system and they took my measurements. They also took a lot of good pictures as well, so I hope some turn out well. My hair was not so good though. The rain makes it curl at the end. But hopefully I can get some good jobs.

I think the agency does mostly modeling and TV commercial work. In total, it took 2 hours to register. Of course it took me 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back. I walked back to the train station. It's about 11 or 12 hundred meters. The subway station is closer but I don't want to pay the extra fare. Subways are underground. So you do a lot of walking to get down there and then to come back up.

No comments: